Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Problem Solved

The Problem: Big empty space above the mantle.



The Idea: Frame a fun graphic fabric in three frames.  I had some very specific ideas, and really questioned them when I couldn't find the perfect fabric at JoAnn's.  I had originally wanted three coordinating fabrics for the three frames, but ended up going with one pattern instead.

The Solution:  The actual framing went really well.  I used the mat as a guide to line up what part I wanted visible, cut about an inch (very freehand... good thing no one can see my crooked edges!) bigger than the mat, and taped it down to make sure it wouldn't slip.



Voila!


We plan on hanging them up, but we didn't have wire at the house yesterday when I took the picture.  You'll just have to use your imagination for now.

The best part?  It turns out the fabric is called Belize Azure.  Since we honeymooned in Belize, I took this as a positive sign.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Perfect! Great job. Can't wait to see them up!

Jenn & David said...

what a brilliant idea!