Monday, August 6, 2012

Weekend Review

Friday:
I took a day trip to Jamesville to visit my folks and Addison.  Much much more on this in the upcoming days, because of course I took 100 pictures of my niece and I want to share all of them!



A trip to Jamesville also means picking up some Hardison's BBQ.  Yes, we will go through a 4lb bucket, it's that good.



Saturday:
For years, I've wanted a brightly-colored geometric-patterned accent chair for my living room.  This has proven way harder to find than I expected.  I wanted the chair to have arms, a pattern that's fun and doesn't make your eyes bleed, and one that works with our existing furniture.  Oh yeah, and one that wasn't $1200!  After two months of shopping, we went back to the first store we tried (Heaver Furniture Mart) and bought a chair I had really liked before.  No, it doesn't have a geometric pattern, but I can add that to the room with pillows or curtains.

Here's our new chair, which is "Kermit the Frog-colored" (Jason's words) and has a grumpy face (my words).  We liked the chair (and the price!) so much that we actually ordered two.  The second one should show up in the next month.


Jason and I went to Lowes after we bought the chair and picked up bird feeders and bird seed.  We spent the rest of the weekend watching the birds out in our yard.  Saturday afternoon, Jason did some yardwork while I continued to put stuff away inside the house.  One of these days, we'll be fully unpacked!

Sunday:
After church, we went to Home Depot and bought paint for the living room.  I've known for a while now that I was going to paint the room.  I just had to wait to find "the" chair before I chose a paint color.  What color did we choose?  You'll just have to wait!

We didn't get around to lunch until 2:00 (thanks BBQ for making lunch preparation less than 5 minutes!), and then we settled in for a nice Sunday afternoon nap.  We did other stuff (Jason cleaned the floors, I started prepping the walls for painting), but that was pretty much our day.

3 comments:

Amanda English said...

Sounds like a busy, busy weekend!!! xoxo

Unknown said...

Said the pot to the kettle :-P

Katherine said...

That green chair reminds me of the talking chair on Pee-Wee's playhouse but I think that one was red.. or maybe Im getting confused with the talking chair from "Blue's Clues" But any way those chairs had faces just like your green one.. they may be related and your chair may start saying obnoxious things soon.. so be warry.