Monday, March 9, 2015

18 Days to Celebrate 18 Months -- Expressions

Want to make my little guy smile and laugh?  Tell him you're sad, and make a sad face.






Yeah, you read that correctly.  He thinks sad faces are hilarious.  If I say something makes me sad, he'll say "Mama sad" and laughs when I make a sad face.  This does not bode well for future interactions with his peers.

One of his favorite books (he has about 100 favorite books, or it feels that way at least) is One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish (a personal fave of mine as well).  He loves this page:


In case you can't read it on your screen, it says "Some are sad.  And some are glad.  And some are very, very bad."  He turns to me when I'm reading this and enjoys each of my expressions.


He not only enjoys expressions, he's quite the expressive guy himself.  Here, I asked him to "smile."




Hmm, gonna have to work on the smile.  At least he's got "show me your tongue" downpat.



My little guy -- so expressive.  Where does it come from?




Oh yeah, he gets it from his daddy!  Seriously, I took these two shots within about 10 seconds of each other.  They couldn't see each other, but they were making nearly the same face! 



No comments: