Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Being an Adult is Awesome!

Being a kid was great.  Summers were spent playing at the pool and going to baseball and softball games.  School was school, but at least you got to hang out with your friends for seven hours a day.  Weekends were slumber parties and Saturday morning cartoons.  You didn't have to worry about finding a job, paying your mortgage, or staying within budget.

That said, adulthood has its benefits.  You're free to drive your car without permission.  You have an income and can go shopping whenever you want.  You can stay up late, sleep in, ... and eat ice cream for dinner.

You read correctly.  Ice cream for dinner.  Though we don't do it often, there are times that Jason and I skip traditional "dinner" and go directly to dessert.  There are several reasons for this.  Earlier this summer, our A/C was broken and the idea of eating anything room temperature or warmer sounded disgusting.  Other times, Jason wins me over with his ice-cream-craving logic.  He points out that if we know we're going to have ice cream, it's actually less calories (and thus "healthier") to skip eating a meal just for eating's sake and go straight to the ice cream we were going to have either way.  How can you compete with logic like that?


The answer: you can't.  So when you can't beat 'em, join 'em (not that I needed my arm twisted to be talked into eating ice cream!).

Beating the 105-degree heat with a tasty treat!

  Being a kid was cool.  Being an adult is awesome!

2 comments:

Jenelle Leanne said...

mmm, now I want Goodberry's for breakfast (and Leiana just came in and told me, "Mommy, I want some chocolate")

Unknown said...

I had considered putting that kids should not read today's blog (because they do NOT need to know that adults get to do this), but then I remembered that I don't know any kids old enough to read my blog. :)