Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sippin' It, Italian-Style

I mentioned earlier this week that Jason and I played around in IKEA in Charlotte.  When we were there, Jason found a small stovetop espresso maker for $10.  He's been eyeballing them for a while now, so we took the leap and bought it (and some tiny espresso cups).


To make espresso, you add water to the bottom part, coffee to the middle, and screw it all back together. Some magic happens (ok, it's not magic, it's all about funnels and pressure, but I forgot what Jason told me...), and voila!  Espresso!


I've got to admit, the first sip was like coffee sludge.  Apparently it wasn't done brewing when we poured the first bit, and you REALLY need to wait until it finishes brewing!


A bit of half and half helped!


Sipping my espresso.  Hmm, the picture makes me think the caffeine may have already kicked in!

1 comment:

Amanda English said...

You do look quite bright eyed and bushy tailed. =)