Friday, July 15, 2011

Circles and Sparkles and Leopards, Oh My!

Between moustache parties and mystery dinner parties, my friend Amanda and I get together for girl dates. These usually center around lunch and/or shopping.  On Wednesday after (her) work, we got together at Crabtree Valley Mall and did a lot of talking and a bit of shopping.

Amanda and her adorable new shoes.
We're actually good shopping partners for each other.  Amanda, a self-proclaimed shopaholic, tends to buy less when I overanalyze each of her purchases.  Plus, she breaks me out of no-spending shell and talks me into purchases I wouldn't normally make.

Wednesday, she gave me a bit of tough love and pointed out that I always flock to "the most boring clothes" in a store.  I know what she means.  I have so many solids in my closet because patterns scare me.  Is this floral cute ... or old woman-ish?  Is this polka dot fashionable ... or does it hurt your eyes?  Solids are safe, practical purchases so that's what I tend to buy.

What does she mean I never buy patterns?

Well folks, I'm patternless no more.  I bought three new shirts the other day, all with some amount of pattern:

From left to right, polka dot/circle print shirt from Gap, white t-shirt with silver flecks from NY&Co, and a leopard (yes, leopard!) print shirt, also from NY&Co. 

How cute is the shoulder detail on the Gap shirt?
Do these three shirts make up for a whole wardrobe of monotony?  Maybe not, but it's a start.

2 comments:

Amanda English said...

AHHHHHH!!!!! I love this post!!!!! So fun!!!! =) Shopping with Megan = Amanda Happy!

Unknown said...

I thought you might approve. :)