Thursday, July 19, 2012

Childhood Memories

I have a few blogs that I read on a regular basis.  Yesterday, Crappy Pictures, a woman's account of motherhood through "crappy" drawings, ranted about why she hated Cookie Monster (you can read it here).  She ended by sharing several Sesame Street songs from her childhood.  That's what today's post is about.

I was definitely a Sesame Street kid.  It helped that I grew up with only 4 channels, and PBS was the only one to have kid programming during the day.  Here's some of my favorite things from 'da Street.


Just TRY not to say "Here fishy fishy fishy fishy!" after watching this video!




This video shows children how crayons are made, connecting them to things they use every day.  It motivates them to question things in their daily lives and not take them for granted.  Plus, pretty colors....



Counting Songs



Celebrities and Word Play




Oh, too many to mention.  I didn't even get to the Oinker Sisters or Captain Vegetable.  What about the Singing Orange?  Or Teeny Little Super Guy?  If you're enjoying your childhood, I'd recommend this link.



What are your favorite Sesame Street memories?

2 comments:

Jenelle Leanne said...

I didn't watch Sesame Street when I was a kid... but if you ever do a post on Mr. Rogers, I'll chime in then! :)

Amanda English said...

I don't really remember watching it either... However I use to love Today's Special. =)