Thursday, July 12, 2012

I Get By With a Little Help from my Family...

Ok, a LOT of help from my family!  After getting some moving quotes and finding out that we had free access to a moving truck, we decided to move ourselves.  After some phone calls, we had recruited several family members.  Then, our friend John actually volunteered to help us move!  Awesome!

Here are a few shots from moving day.  Special thanks to my aunt Carol who took my camera and documented for me, and my apologies to anyone not pictured.  Usually they were doing scary stuff (like maneuvering my dresser down a flight of stairs), and we didn't want to distract them with telling them to smile for the camera.


Packed up house:



Family freebies -- items we didn't want anymore, but were too nice to goodwill or throw away.  (PS, this is where Jason's cordless phone ended up):


Loading up the moving truck:



Lunch at the new house (some of the best-tasting food ever, we were so famished!):


After lunch:









Done!

No comments: