Tuesday, July 24, 2012

YM1 -- Friendship in Marriage

Today, I'm continuing to share from my Sunday School class's study of marriage in our current culture.


Today, I'm talking about friendship in marriage.  Did you know our spouse is supposed to be our best friend?




"And the Lord God said, 'It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.'"  -- Genesis 2:18









"His mouth is most sweet, yes, he is altogether lovely.  This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem."  -- Song of Solomon 5:16




Without question, Jason is my best friend.  There's no one I'd rather spend time with.  He's the first one I want to talk to when something good happens or when I see something funny on tv.  He makes the most mundane tasks more fun.  Sure, I enjoy time alone, with my family, or with my friends, but at the end of the day, I want to be around him.




Though he doesn't show this side to everyone, Jason is one of the most fun, spontaneous, ridiculous people I've ever met.





We've had to make the most of the past few months, dealing with house-packing, house-moving, house-settling, house-renovating, and house-selling.  We've had fun doing it, but a question from our Sunday School teacher really startled us: "What's something fun you've done recently just to have fun?"  We looked at each other and realized that we couldn't remember the last time we've had fun just for fun's sake.  




Our goal this week: take time and do something fun and silly.

3 comments:

Amanda English said...

These are some great pictures! LOL

Unknown said...

And those are just the moments he allows me to capture!

Sara! said...

Love the posts about marriage! The picture of Jason in that huge chair is HILARIOUS!!!!