Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Out my Window

I'm loving having a real yard (despite all the yard work!).  During the day, I see lots of different birds (robins, blue birds, lots of assorted brown ones I don't know the names of), squirrels, and dragonflies.  Yesterday, I saw a gold finch on my deck, but he flew away while I was getting my camera.

Last night, while I was making dinner, Jason told me to come over to the window quickly but quietly.  When I did, I saw this guy:





Please forgive the poor quality pictures, but they were taken through my window.  I knew I stood no chance if I tried to open the back door without scaring him off.  We watched this deer eat in our backyard for about five minutes before he ran to the back of our lot and (safely, thank goodness!) crossed the road.

Goodbye, deer friend.  We hope to see you outside our window again some time.

1 comment:

Amanda English said...

I wish we would get deer! I know they exist in our neighborhood as I've seen deer prints in the snow... AND they've eaten stuff in the front yard. However, we do have lots of cute bunnies. =) xoxo