Monday, January 14, 2013

29 Awesome Things

Saturday was my 29th birthday, and I have to say, it was a pretty stinkin' awesome one!  Here's 29 things that were awesome about it.

1) Jason cooked breakfast and washed the dishes.

2) Breakfast was tasty -- scrambled eggs and liver pudding.  If you didn't grow up on liver pudding (or liver mush like Western NC people call it), it's probably not something you wouldn't try on your own as an adult.  That said, it's delicious, we both love it, and it's great cubed up in scrambled eggs.

3) Saturday morning was foggy and warm, perfect weather for a photo trip.  Jason says fog is nature's diffuser and makes for really cool photos.  I agree.



4) Saturday morning was just cool enough to justify a post-photos Caribou.  I don't go as often as I used to, so when I go, I splurge on the "girly" drinks.  My favorite?  Mint condition, a minty mocha where you get to pick which type of chocolate you'd like.  I went with dark chocolate.


5) We got home in time to watch State (ranked #20) play Duke (ranked #1).

6) State came out with their A-game.

7) The game was really exciting, with the lead going back and forth all game, and no team leading more than 10 points the whole time.

8, 9, and 10) Final score, 84-76.  State wins!  Yes, this deserves three numbers on my list.  It was that good of a game.


11) Birthday cards from my mortgage broker, insurance agent, and dentist.  I feel so loved.

12) Birthday cards from my family.


13) Birthday calls from my family.



14) Being serenaded by my sisters with creative birthday songs.



15) The fact that singing to each other is a Davenport tradition, though none of the D-port girls were blessed with good singing voices.

16) The fact that it makes the serenades that much more fun. :)

17) Birthday wishes from Facebook.  Sure, FB alerts people that it's my birthday.  That doesn't stop me from feeling like a rockstar as people continuously write on my wall.

18) Relaxing in the study, reading HP 4 while Jason edited photos.

19) Dressing up (well, dressy for me) for dinner


20) Wearing last year's birthday present -- my polka dot pumps


21) Getting to Firebirds at 5:20 (with the rest of the senior citizens), but not having to wait at all before getting a table (unheard of at Firebirds).

22) Delicious gut-busting dinner at Firebirds.

23) Being home in my pj's when most people were getting ready to start their night.

24) Birthday shopping at the mall on Sunday.

25) Birthday (and leftover Christmas) cash making me feel like a high roller at the mall.  "Here, lemme pull out some bills to pay for that..."

26) New tops like this one from Loft and this one (in green) from NY&Co.

27) Teacher discount.  Seriously, that thing is sweet.  I saved at least $15 yesterday just by showing my teacher ID.

28) Knowing that my birthday isn't over.  Jason bought me these shoes, and they should be delivered any day now.  Spread out birthdays are awesome.


29) Having 29 reasons to celebrate!


1 comment:

Amanda English said...

That was a super awesome birthday! Happy 29th! If you read my last post on 'you know you're thirty when', you will know how I feel about people in their 20's. JK! lol You should read Jason that list, he'd like it. LOVE YOU! I need to see you soon to give you your b'day gift! ;)