Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Elated, then Heartbroken

A few days before Christmas, Jason shared this picture with me:


Oh my goodness, they're awesome!  I started making my list -- I want Marie Curie (duh), Mendeleev (how can the world's biggest fan NOT have an action figure of the Father of the Periodic Table?), and Blethe (whom I've never heard of, but with that hair, I.must.have.him).

Then, Jason found the website where it came from (here if you want to read more about them), and some of the most heart-breaking words "This image in fan art... and I will not be pursuing making these figures into a reality."  Whaaaaaaaat?!?  You dangle this collection of awesomeness in front of me only to snatch it away and tell me it will never come to fruition???



Anyway, it's still awesome, and I still wanted to share it.  For real, the interview is funny (for instance, he explains why Bill Nye the Science Guy isn't a character).  Check it out if you're a science nerd.  Or if you know a science nerd. :)

1 comment:

Jenelle Leanne said...

Awww, I'm so sorry it's not real! Super cool idea though!