Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ok, Maybe Not So Bad

Teachers work hard.  Long after the final bell rings, we're setting up the next day's labs, tweaking activities, and grading an endless mound of papers.  That said, these past two weeks have been pretty darn sweet.

January 14-18
Monday: Beginning of exam week.  Students took their first period exams from 7:25-10:25.  I don't have a first period, so I spent these three hours in silence, planning my little teacher booty off.  My 2nd period students came to me after that for an hour of review, and then students went home for the day at 11:30.  I spent the rest of the school day (til 2:18) in silence, planning my little teacher booty off.
Tuesday-Thursday: Students took an exam with me (three hours of silent babysitting, with the exception of an occasional question that needed answering or a pencil that needed sharpening).  Students left at 11:30, and the rest of the day was spent planning.
Friday: Two hour delay due to the "winter weather."  No students at all that day, so basically a teacher workday!

Are you mad at me yet for my awesome schedule?

January 21-25
Monday: Martin Luther King Day... no school!
Tuesday:  Teacher workday to give us time to enter grades and switch over before the new semester.
Wednesday: 1st day of second semester.  Little tiring.  Made Jason make dinner (which meant HE had to microwave bowls of Mom's Brunswick stew instead of me doing it).
Thursday: Normal day.  We have Open House tonight, so I'm typing this while waiting on parents to show up and all ask for their kids to sit on the front row.  I'm also eating free Chick-Fil-A (thanks, PTA!)
Friday: I just heard that we are being dismissed THREE HOURS EARLY tomorrow because of the threat of winter weather.  Sure, it sounds pretty ridiculous (and REALLY screwed up my schedule for tomorrow), but the last thing they want is another ice storm where students are stranded at school until late into the night like it was several years ago.  So yeah, my weekend begins at 11:18 tomorrow.

Ok, you're definitely mad at me now, aren't you?  Sorry, I just had to brag a bit.

No comments: