Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Christmas Eve

On Christmas Eve, our house was just the two of us.  We woke up, tried to find something Christmassy to watch on tv, and ended up watching holiday episodes of  Mr. Bean.

After breakfast, Christmas Steve showed up, and we opened presents.

Jason took pictures of me, but I forgot to get any of him!  Anyway, this year was a lean one since we've been spending like crazy since we bought the house.  I got him two new belts, bedroom slippers, the new Jack White cd, and the Batman trilogy on bluray.


Jason apparently didn't get the message about the lean Christmas, so I really racked up!  He bought be bowl fillers, a "triceraCHOPS" mug, a glass vase with a glass mum on it, and a new water bottle since I had recently broken mine.  He also bought me these metal letters, which now sit on top of our mantle.


What did we do the rest of the day?  Well, we watched some really really bad movies on Netflix and cleaned up the house after our guests had left.  Early afternoon, I received another present -- straight from the FedEx guy!  Jason said it was promised to come by Christmas, and he handed it directly to me.  He got me a new black rain jacket, primarily so I could through away my old (at least 10 years, I'd guess) deceased jacket.

I had hammed out over the weekend, so we decided to go out for some Chinese food (very "fa ra ra ra ra" of us).  We thought this was a good decision... as did half of Raleigh!  The place was packed!  When we finally got a seat, we ended up there for over 2 hours.  Let's just say our waiter did not seem to be in any hurry about anything.  It didn't bother us too much since we had nothing else to do that night, but it DID bother us because we were hungry!

Anyway, this was our exciting Christmas Eve.

No comments: