Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Photographic Subjects, Part 2

A couple of weeks ago, I posted about how my eye for photography has changed on our photo trips.  All I want to do now is take pictures of Tyler, not my surroundings (see post here).  After a week hulled up trying not to infect all of Raleigh with HFMD, the Selfs were itching to get out of the house!  We decided to visit Duke Gardens early one Saturday morning, since it's spacious and not overly populated, at least not at 8:00.

This (I believe) was Tyler's first trip to the gardens.  He LOVED it!  I wheeled him around and let him touch various plants.  I even had an older lady come up to me and remark that she was glad moms still make their kids feel lamb's ear plants, since that's what she did with her kids.  She said it made her smile.  Glad I could help, ma'am.

I don't need to tell you Tyler was happy to be out of the house and at such a fun location.  Just look!


"Ooh, Mom!  I like this stuff!"

"This is awesome!"

"Fishies!!!!!!!!"

This is about to shock you -- I actually took some pictures of flowers while I was there!  I almost felt like my old self.





I was also able to capture sweet moments like this:





Think he had a fun time?


No comments: