Sunday, December 4, 2011

Favorite Christmas Album


I'm a creature of habit, and I loooooove routine.

One holiday routine/tradition my family has is decorating for Christmas my parents' house.  We would load five Christmas albums into the cd player, crank it up, and start covering every surface with decorations.  I don't really get to participate in this tradition anymore, but whenever I hear a song off of a certain album, it reminds me of my family, Christmas, and decorating.

That album is 1992's A Very Special Christmas 2.


When I hear these songs on the radio, I joyfully sing along.  When the song's over, I find myself singing the next song on the album, rather than the next song on the radio station.  Oops!  

Songs on this album:
"Christmas All Over Again" -- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
"Jingle Bell Rock" -- Randy Travis
"The Christmas Song" -- Luther Vandross
"Santa Claus is Coming to Town" -- Frank/Sinatra/Cyndi Lauper
"The Birth of Christ" -- Boyz II Men
"Please Come Home for Christmas" -- Jon Bon Jovi
"What Christmas Means to Me" -- Paul Young
"Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" -- Ronnie Spector/Darlene Love
"White Christmas" -- Michael Bolton
"Christmas Is" -- Run D.M.C
"Christmas Time Again" -- Extreme
"Merry Christmas Baby" -- Bonnie Raitt/Charles Brown
"O Holy Night" -- Tevin Campbell
"Sleigh Ride" -- Debbie Gibson
"What Child is This?" -- Vanessa Williams
"Blue Christmas" -- Ann & Nancy Wilson
"Silent Night" -- Wilson Phillips
"I Believe in You" -- Sinead O'Connor

Oh my, those artists!  I can't believe this album is almost 20 years old.  Some of the songs are a bit cringe-worthy, but all of them remind me of Christmas.

No comments: