Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Holidays Fit for the King

Of all the programs Providence holds, Holidays Fit for the King is by far my favorite.  I've only been two years (I missed this year because I was at Gretchen's wedding), but both years, it's been just fantastic.

Basically, HFFTK is an event for women to prepare for Thanksgiving and Christmas, all the while keeping Christ -centered.  We attend a breakfast at tables decorated by ladies of the church, listen to a speaker, and then go to two seminars to learn new skills.  My friend Kristen and I have decorated tables in 2009 and 2010.




Our Tables:

Our table, 2009 (thanks to leftover decorations from both of our weddings )


Our table, 2010 (more whimsical than the year before)


Me and Kristen



Other Tables (very intimidating by their awesomeness):


Caitlin and Liz's winter wonderland


Leslie's gift wrap-inspired table


 Seminars I've been to:
2009 -- "Decorating on a Budget" (led by Kim Dorman) and "I'm Just a Mom with a Camera" (all about improving my photography skills).  After HFFTK was over, I was inspired to go on a photography trip with my favorite fella.



2010 -- "10 Gifts Under $10" and "Tis the Season for Easy Recipes" -- I got to make a keychain and a soup-in-a-jar mix at the first seminar.  I got to taste lots of yummy party food at the second one.  Win win!

I really love this event (can you tell?).  It gets me in the holiday mood, and gives me great ideas.  Yay HFFTK!

No comments: