Friday, December 9, 2011

Snow!!!!

We all dream of a White Christmas, don't we?  We imagine waking up Christmas morning to a fresh blanket of snow, untouched and pristine.  We imagine standing by a window, sipping a mug of hot cocoa, and watching the snowflakes gently falling from the sky.

Last year, we got our wish.  Let me tell you, for people that travel from one end of the state to the other end at Christmas, snow is not that welcome friend we all envision.  It's actually quite a nuisance.

 Christmas 2010, Part 1 -- Nebo:
It all started pleasantly.  We were excited to have a white Christmas in Nebo.  After presents, Jason and I went out to play in the snow and (of course) take photos.



smooch!



Jason threw snowballs at me.  I'd like to say I was too dignified to retaliate.  Honestly,  I tried to hit him, but my "throws like a girl" arm couldn't get them half the distance between us.

Jason remained untouched, while I looked like this.

Christmas 2010, Part 2 -- Back to Raleigh:  As the snow started to pick back up, Jason and I knew we needed to get on the road, or we would be stuck in Nebo.  What usually is a 3.5hr drive turned into a 4.5hr drive of constant snow, windshield wipers on high, occasional periods of slowing to 15mph on the interstate, and one tense driver.

The next morning, we were supposed to head to Jamesville.  The weather had other things in mind.

Hmm, are our cars in there somewhere?

We hadn't planned on being in Raleigh for the holidays, so we literally had no food.  We walked to the grocery store to pick up some supplies.




Yay for frozen pizza!


Christmas 2010, Part 3 -- Jamesville: We finally made it to Jamesville a day later.  With the exception of a couple of bad ice patches, the road was pretty clear.  After we "did Christmas," Jill, Jodi, Jason, Sydney, and I once again played in the snow.

Four people and a dog


Sydney, Jodi, and Jill



More snow pictures, this time on the other side of the state


Does this saga mean I hate snow?  Not at all!  I love the look of snow, playing in the snow, and (best of all) the prospect of having a snow day off from school!  Does this mean that I'm not keen on having snow at Christmas?

Yeah, I guess it does.

1 comment:

Amanda English said...

Such a great Christmas!!! =)