Wednesday, March 7, 2012

5 Strangest Things -- In My Closet

Yes, I've decided to make a week out of these...

A few things to know before we press on today:
~I live in a townhouse.  Storage is at a minimum.
~We have four closets in our house.  The linen closet really is devoted to towels and sheets.  The guest room closet mostly holds luggage and odds and ends we rarely need.  The closet downstairs is one giant mountain of stuff (from coats to crafts to wrapping paper to card table).
~Today's post is specifically about our bedroom closet.

And now, the 5 strangest things in my closet.

~Old clothes that I should get rid of but don't.  This isn't really strange.  Everyone has these clothes.  It is strange for me though because I frequently give to goodwill.  Sure, I've got the bridesmaid dress/cocktail dress I've only worn twice (once as the bridesmaid, once to a fancy wedding).  I've got the sweaters that are thick and itchy, but could be good if NC ever gets cold again.  But then I have the $30 suit (two things that should never go in a sentence together) from Target that is too big.  It's also old.  I wore it to my Enthalpy interview back in 2006.  I have holey shirts that cost me $8 that I keep around because they still work underneath t-shirts.  Hmm, starting to think maybe I shouldn't share all these details...

*frantically changing the subject*

~2 Sombreros.  I stole one from my mom's house (I think Kara got it for one of her birthdays) and Jason purchased the other one last May for the annual mustache party.


The problem is, what do you do with them now?  You can't bend them, they're not flat... hey, I know!  We'll store them on the top shelf of our closet!

~2 Ping Pong Paddles.  Not weird that we have these (Jason's all about some ping pong!), but why are they in our closet?

~12 Photo Albums.  I've always been a camera nut.  Events never really happened unless you have photos to prove it, right?  When I moved in with Jason, there was limited room for my stuff.  Where to put my 12 photo albums?  Top shelf of closet!

~Bright yellow, smiley-face, Joe Boxer tool box.  My dad gave this to me for college.  As silly as it looks, it has some really good tools in it (hammer, screwdriver with assorted... bits?  Is that the right word?, staple gun, etc.)  I do have a handyman now, but when it's a quick-fix that I can handle, I head for the Joe Boxer.

No comments: