Tuesday, March 6, 2012

5 Strangest Things -- In My Fridge

I have some strange things in my fridge, but when I took inventory, I was actually surprised at how many of some items I have.  So here's today's list...

4: Number of milk products... 2 gallon jugs of 1%, one carton of 1/2&1/2 (for my morning coffee... and for yummy, creamy muffins), and 1 bottle of buttermilk.  Jason has gotten REALLY into making buttermilk biscuits recently, and they are tasty!  I'll keep buying the supplies for biscuits as long as he's willing to make them.

3: Number of jars of homemade pickles.  Mom supplied us with red pickles (think cinnamon-y sweet), bread and butter pickles, and ... salad pickles?  I don't know what to call the last ones, but since I use them as sweet pickles in chicken salad, I'm going with "salad" pickles... until I get an email from Mom later today correcting me. :)

16: Number of yogurt containers.  Jason used to be strictly a ham-and-cheese man at lunch.  Now, he's strictly yogurt and granola.  I've started eating Greek yogurt a couple of days a week as well.  Little Megan quirk: I hate yogurt.  It has a weird consistency to it.  Greek yogurt (which is much firmer and thicker) seems to be ok, though I usually throw pecans into it to make it more palatable.

1: Number of packages of wonton wrappers.  Yep, we still have these from the Feast from the East.  Are they still good?  Probably not.  Why haven't I thrown them away yet?  Beats me.

3: Kinds of cheeses.  Extra sharp cheddar, pepper jack, and some hard cheese that's similar to Parmesan without being as pricey.  Wait, this isn't strange for me.... it's strange that I don't have MORE kinds of cheese right now!

1 comment:

Amanda English said...

Sounds like you need to clean out your kitchen! I think I do too. ;) xoxo A-