Monday, March 5, 2012

5 Strangest Things -- In My Pantry

As I was putting away groceries last night, I realized I have some strange things in my pantry.  Sure, "strange" could be "Hmm, I know that's several years old, but I still won't throw it away.  Isn't that strange?"  I decided to go with "I bet this isn't something found in everyone's cabinets" as my definition.

~Arby's Sauce Packets.  Not sure the last time I brought Arby's home, so this probably matches both definitions of strange.  Strangest part is that they're located on the bottom shelf, along with pitchers, plastic cutlery, and other assorted non-food items.

~Dried Apricots.  Tasty, but probably not in everyone's pantry.

~Jar of Pimento Peppers.  A while back, Jason and I made my dad's famous pimento cheese recipe.  We bought two jars (since we had no idea how much we needed), and now we have one left, just hanging out in the pantry.

What?  Doesn't everyone have a jar in their pantry?


~Reese's Peanut Butter Puffs.  Because I'm in charge of grocery shopping, and sometimes I forget I'm an adult.

~Cherry Pie Filling.  Courtesy of Mom.  She gave us a Jello No-Bake Cheesecake, but we ended up not using the jar of pie filling on top.  Now what do we do with it?



Your turn.  Raid your pantry and share the strangest things you find.

3 comments:

Amanda English said...

We do that too! Or it just some how gets 'lost' in the pantry? I had already set a goal for this upcoming weekend to clean my pantry out and do a reorg. Must! xoxo A-

MSpencer said...

I have approximately 6 different kinds of flour...that's normal, right? A jar of capers purchased for a random recipe. And we typically also have the pimientos (just not today), because they are used in my white spinach lasagna recipe...but Jason probably wouldn't go for that. :)

Unknown said...

Miranda, I'm impressed. The 6 types of flour beats my four things of milk/dairy products in my fridge right now (a future post...).