Friday, March 9, 2012

Good News

I debated today's post a lot... that's why it's 10:35 and I just am getting around to it.

Why is it I jump on here and post about successful new recipes or fun trips, but I hesitated today?  Well, because I wasn't sure if this was bragging or just sharing good news.  "Good news" won out.

I'm a new teacher.  A new teacher at a really good school.  At the end of January, I got a call at home from my principal letting me know that the administration had chosen me to represent our school for the Diane Kent-Parker award (an award for first year teachers).  I was flabbergasted!

I immediately told Jason, then called my folks and emailed the sisters.  I emailed my mentor teacher the next day, and told my teaching bestie across the hall.  And that's it.  I didn't run down the halls screaming the news, and it's not like "Hey, I wonder who will be new teacher of the year?" comes up much in conversation.  Anyway, my principal wrote a recommendation letter and I had to write an essay.  Everything was shipped to Central Office, and I didn't think much more about it... until yesterday.

It turns out I've been selected as one of 14 semifinalists.  I have to go interview with a selection committee next week, and I'm super nervous!  Anyway, I thought I'd share with y'all because if you care enough to read this inane blog on a regular basis, you must care about me a lot.  So yep, semifinalist.  That's the big news. :)

4 comments:

Jenelle Leanne said...

Yay! Congratulations, that is super! :)

John/Kristen said...

I'm not at ALL surprised :) Congrats!

Amanda English said...

Don't be nervous! You are a fantastic teacher! Good luck!!! xoxo A-

Jenn & David said...

that is awesome!!! Praying for you and you go through this process. What an honor!