Tuesday, March 20, 2012

A Day in the Life

It must be awesome to be a little kid.  Especially a little kid that gets to spend a lot of time at Grandma's (Ya-Ya's?  We're still unsure what she calls my mom) house.  Here's a brief glimpse at an Addi day.

Saturday morning: Mom's at work, so Addison and her dad have some one-on-one time before she's dropped off at her Grandparent Davenports' house at 10:30.

11:00 Addi has said hello to everyone (including the dogs) and made sure all her toys are out.  Time for a stroll around town in her wagon!  It was a bit chilly, so we bundled her up a bit.


12:00 Lunch at the Cypress Grill.  While everyone else waited for their lunches, Addison went ahead and had a butter appetizer.  As in, dip-finger-in-butter-container-and-lick-finger.  Yum!


Saturday early afternoon: play with Easter egg decals, play her xylophone with a plastic spoon, and pick out some books to be read to her.


Saturday mid-afternoon: The adults have become exhausted, but Addison's still a little ball of energy.  Step 1: rock herself in the rocking chair, all the while saying "Rock, rock.  Rock, rock.  Rock, rock."


Step 2: Read herself a book because Grandma and Pa are busy, and Aunt Meg just keeps taking pictures.



Step 3: Convince Aunt Meg to play crayons with her.  As she scribbled away, I drew her a capital "A" and said, "Addison, that's an A.  That's the first letter of your name."  You know what my brilliant niece did?  She showed me the A that Grandma had drawn for her some other day!!!  I can't believe I actually got a picture of her outwitting me.  This girl is sharp as a tack!

2 comments:

Amanda English said...

HAHA! I would like to be a toddler again... She's so stinkin' cute! I'm going to say that every time you post a picture of her. LOL xoxo A-

Unknown said...

That's ok... that's why I post them, so people can tell me how stinkin' cute she is!