Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Chocolate Cake

This past weekend, we were supposed to bring dessert over to Joe and Amanda's house.  I wanted something chocolate, and I found this recipe online.  After testing it out, it's yummy enough I want to share it.

"Too Much Chocolate" Cake


1 package Devil's Food Cake mix
1 5.9oz package (large box) instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup warm water (I used 1/2&1/2 because Jason's philosophy is why add water when you can add 1/2&1/2)
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips (I added 1.5 cups semisweet and 0.5 cups bittersweet because that's what I had)


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix together everything but the chocolate chips.  Stir in the chips after everything is well-mixed.  Pour into a Bundt pan.
Bake for 50-60 minutes until a wooden toothpick comes out clean.  Cool cake in the pan (I did about 15-20 minutes, though now I notice the recipe says an hour and a half... oops!) and then invert onto a cooling rack until room temperature.

Seriously, this is delicious!  You definitely want something to cut the sweetness, like coffee, milk, or strawberry ice cream!



4 comments:

Amanda English said...

It was delightful!!! xoxo A-

Jenelle Leanne said...

ooooh, now I want chocolate cake... thanks. :)

Unknown said...

Jenelle, does chocolate cake count as the "something green" I'm supposed to bring you this weekend. After all, it does have VEGETABLE oil in it!

Jenelle Leanne said...

Yes, yes it does. :)