Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Day Before...

Yesterday, I posted about our photo shoot with Amanda.  Since Jason is less familiar with taking pictures of people (and in the shade of the woods), we went to Umstead the evening before the photo shoot to get his camera settings right.  Guess who had to be the model?

Things that did NOT go as smoothly as with Amanda:
~It had rained that afternoon.  It was so humid that Jason's preferred camera lens fogged up, so he had to use his second choice.  Plus, the bugs were out in force.  It's hard to pose when you're swatting mosquitos.
~I am not a natural model.  I have a horrible blinking habit (even when he wasn't using flash, I still blinked!).  I am not as natural of a poser as Amanda is.  Plus, my knowledge of ANTM (America's Next Top Model) actually hindered me.  They always talk about girls' hands looking like catchers' mitts, so I tried to keep my fingers slightly bent and more delicate.  I was VERY conscious of my hands.  Good in theory, but it ended up looking like I was clawing myself!

In case you're curious, here's a few of the better shots (nope, you don't get to see the half-blinking or the clawing pictures... my blog, my rules).  Some of them are black and white because it was getting pretty late and Jason could improve the exposure if he made them B&W (or something like that).  We also ended up experimenting with the flash, and I really liked the result.  Kinda artsy.




No comments: