Thursday, August 25, 2011

Photos, Pound Cake, and Paint

I mentioned earlier that we celebrated Jason's birthday last weekend and on Monday because I had Open House on his actual birthday.  Here's a quick rundown on how the Selfs "do" birthday.

Friday after work: stopped by Harris Teeter to get Jason's favorite ice cream, HT-brand Bear Claw (or "Bear Kind" as we call it).  Dark chocolate ice cream, chocolate-covered cashews, and caramel swirls.  Yum!
Saturday: photos at the Arboretum, dinner with Rebecca at Brixx (pizza place)
Sunday: church, and then I made pound cake (for later that night) and prepped some mac and cheese (everything up until baking it) for Monday night.  I also did some painting, but I brought it downstairs so we could hang out while I painted.

Painting on the carpet?!?  Scandalous!

Can't share too much (especially since it's not done yet), but definitely the most intricate and detailed pattern yet! 

Pound cake time!

Monday: stopped by Meathouse after work to pick up marinated steak tips (yum yum yum!) to go with the mac and cheese (no pics, but it was definitely my best batch ever!).  Jason decided to celebrate with a monstrous amount of ice cream and cake (and cake).


Soooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Tuesday: I sang to him when I woke him up, wished him a happy birthday, and then saw him again at 8:30, when he was on the phone with his mom.  Not the most exciting birthday... oh yeah, except that there was an earthquake!

You may notice there was no real gift-giving.  That's because a few weeks ago he bought himself a universal remote and claimed "birthday" on it.


No comments: