Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Treasure Trove

Most of you know I live in a townhouse.  We don't have a lot of storage, but I decided to see what we already had in the house before going out to buy school supplies.  Holy cow!  Everywhere I looked, I found stuff I wanted to take to school with me!  I took inventory (making a list, naturally) and put everything I plan to take with me on our guest bed.



Trust me, it will be MUCH more organized when I take it to school!  This was just a temporary dumping site.

I haven't seen my classroom yet, but I already know things I want to put on my desk for decoration.  Here are a few of them.


This is Milli Mole (if you're scratching your head, it's a chemistry thing, don't worry about it), my stuffed mole that I bought from ACS (American Chemical Society) back when I was a member.  Isn't she adorable with her little lab coat, closed-toe shoes, and safety goggles?


This is actually a hand-me-down flower pot from Jill.  We'll have to see if I have a window suitable for a plant... or if it will just hold desk supplies instead.


Yep, my solar-powered dancing flower (that I first talked about here) is headed to school with me.


Jason made this for me for Christmas 2009, right when I had been accepted to grad school.  He had been very neutral when I was reevaluating my post-Enthalpy life, so it was really comforting to see that he had embraced my new career choice.

That's all for now.  Of course there will be tons of pictures once I get things settled in my classroom (Mom, did you count how many times I said "my classroom"?), but I've still got a bit more time before that happens.

1 comment:

Amanda English said...

LOVE IT! AWW MAN! Teacher's desk! Where is the photo of you and Jason! NEED ONE OF THOSE!