Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

I've always loved the Staples commercial where a dad is frolicking around school-supply shopping (while his children trudge behind) to the song "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year." (Have no clue what I'm talking about?  You can see the video here.)


It's Back to School time!!!  On Saturday, Jason and I ventured to Staples into the insanity that is Tax-Free Weekend to pick up some supplies I knew I needed (others I'm going to have to wait and see what my classroom looks like first).  Normally, I'm a Target shopper, but the thought of going in Target on Tax-Free Weekend gave me the shivers, so Staples would have to do.

Here's some of my loot:

From Staples: Three 3" binders (to keep copies of everything I do in class), large index cards (to use as name tags while learning students' names), a new planner (one of many, I'm sure), pencils, and notebook paper.

I also needed to kill some time before an eye appointment the other day, and I scored some colored file folders.  Dr. Siegerman (my mentor from student teaching) had color-coded folders for her three class periods -- one for each day of the week (with handouts, labs, etc already copied), one for taking up/handing back work, and one for their tests.  It was an awesome system, and one I plan to replicate in my classroom.



It may not look like much, but from being a) a student and b) crafty, I already had a lot of supplies that I plan to use.  Check out tomorrow's post for more about that.

1 comment:

Amanda English said...

School shopping always excites me too! I got to relive a little when I created my coupon binder as the school supplies were in!!! ;)