Monday, August 8, 2011

Do Dinosaurs Taste Like Chicken?

My parents came to town last week and stayed with my aunt and cousin.  Naturally, I went to hang out with them, too.

Thursday:  I was worried about finishing a rush order for letters, so my aunt Carol (who we call "Roofy" for some unknown reason) suggested that she and Mom could help me paint.  I definitely took them up on the offer!


We set up three stations, where they worked on the dots and circle letters, while I knocked out the letters with animals on them.  I have to say, I like free labor!  I did feed them homemade cheesesteaks, so I consider that a fair trade.

Friday: We visited the Museum of Natural Sciences downtown.  I'm pretty familiar with the museum, so it was nice going with people who hadn't been in a long time or were visiting it for the first time.  It made everything seem new and fresh.  Here are a few of my favorite pictures.

Mama and Roofy checking out the fish


Adam wanted to see what was in the bat cave...
Apparently, so did Mom, who accidentally stepped in my way when I was taking the picture!
Does this one mess with your mind at all?


Roofy comparing her foot to a dinosaur's footprint

Blue poison dart frog

One of the coolest things I've seen in a while at the museum -- a snake shedding its skin.  We sat there and watched it for about five minutes!

The museum-goers: My cousin Adam, my aunt Carol, my mom Sandra, and my dad Grady

Me and the folks

We had a great afternoon at the museum -- so much that we never did make it to the history museum across from the science museum.  Oh well, I guess that means they'll have to visit again soon!

As for today's title, my aunt has a chicken-themed kitchen and loves all things chicken.  She squealed a bit when she saw this sign at the museum that said "Dinosaurs tasted like chicken.  How do we know?" promoting the new wings (pun unintended) of the science museum in 2012.  I guess we'll have to wait until then to find out.  Hmm, another other visit?


1 comment:

Amanda English said...

Free labor! ;) I love the pic of you and your family 'Me and the folks'. You look so happy! =)