Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 18 -- Plans, Dreams, and Goals

I'm a planner.  I love making lists.  When I was planning our wedding, I sketched out the whole sanctuary and reception area over and over for fun.  When I go on trips, my packing list is a work of art.  So it probably comes as no surprise to any of you (especially those who have heard my "five year plan" countless times) that I have lots of plans, dreams, and goals.  Here are a few of them.

Immediate PDGs (plans, dreams, goals):
~Get a teaching job.  I know you've read about it here before.  I'm constantly applying, and as one state congressman put it, "The sky is not falling.  Teachers will be in the classroom this fall, students will be in the classroom this fall."  There are teaching jobs out there, and all I can do is hope that one of them is out there for me.
~Have a great summer.  This summer is one of those rare times where my main goal is to relax.  I want to go to the pool more, catch up with friends, and go on mini-trips with Jason.  I've got a flexibility right now that allows me to take day trips to visit my parents or have coffee dates in the middle of the afternoon, and I really like that.
Day trip to Jamesville to hang out with my parents and play with my niece
Picking strawberries one morning with friends and their daughters


Long-term PDGs:
~Begin house-selling/renting/buying process.  This time next year, Jason and I will be in the thick of things.  Our goal is to either sell or rent out our current house, so the next couple months, we'll need to start sprucing things up.  I foresee lots of painting and cleaning in our future.  We'll also need to start looking for a "real" house (not that our townhome isn't real, but you know what I mean) outside of Raleigh proper.  That's going to be an adventure!
~Have kids.  Yes, we want to be parents.  For those who are getting all giddy, do note this is in the "long-term" category.  I'm excited to be a mom some day.  Right now, I like that it's just Jason and me.  Plus, being an aunt is supercool because you get to be a pseudomom but hand the kid back when he/she is crying.

Our house, in May 2010 before they removed our tree

Stay tuned for status updates on the PDGs!

No comments: