Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 27 -- Why the 30-Day Challenge?

I think many bloggers struggle with balancing their blogs.  They don't want to be like those Facebook status junkies that feel compelled to tell you when they're brushing their teeth, eating breakfast, heading to work, changing their baby's diaper, and every other mundane activity in between.  They also don't want to be those bloggers who post once every six months and start each post with "So sorry, it's been crazy around here!"

The 30-Day Challenge was a good place for me to start because it gave me prompts (though some, like today, seem redundant) and also pushes me to post every day.

Where do I see this blog going after my 30 days are up?  That's a good question.  I imagine I will talk about adventures Jason and I have and recipes that were success stories.  I will keep everyone updated about the job search and things going on in my life.  Will I post every day?  Probably not.  Will I post at least weekly?  I think you can count on that.

So, as a preview, here's some things I've been up to:

Taking photos -- Pretty much every Saturday morning (and some Sunday afternoons) are devoted to taking photos somewhere in the Triangle.

Carnivorous plants at the NC Botanical Gardens in Chapel Hill

Bug on an artichoke blossom at Duke Gardens

Painting -- Projects have been picking up recently.  I just finished some letters for a college friend who wanted to surprise his pregnant wife.  Now, I'm headed back to Michael's today to buy letters for the wife's friend who is also pregnant and wants letters for her daughter.  It's an owl theme, and I think they're going to be adorable!

So that's what I've been up to other than blogging daily.  Stay tuned for more!

No comments: