Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 24 -- No Letter Here

Today I'm supposed to write a letter to my parents.  Well, I have a couple of problems with that.  One, I talk to my parents all the time, and I think they know how much I love and appreciate them, so why write an intimate letter to them for all the public to see?  Two, I've already talked a lot about my parents on Day 7, and I don't want to be redundant.  So sorry Mama and Daddy, no letter today.

What I am going to do is readdress a lame blog from last weekend where I was supposed to talk about someone I'd like to trade places with for a day.  At the time, I couldn't think of anyone, but now I have, so consider this Day 17 revisited.

The Chairman from "Iron Chef America"

If you're unfamiliar with Iron Chef America, here's a brief summary.  Iron Chef America is an American version of the popular Japanese cooking show.  A challenger chef chooses one of the Iron Chefs to go up against in a one-hour cooking battle.  The chairman introduces the challenger and asks him or her to select an Iron Chef.  Then, my favorite part, the chairman reveals the secret ingredient to the chefs, the ingredient that all of their dishes must be based on.  After the battle, the chefs' dishes are tasted by three judges and the chairman, who is not part of the judging.  Then, after the scores are tallied, the chairman reveals the winner of the battle.

Why I want to be the Chairman for a day:
1. Because revealing the secret ingredient is like revealing a Christmas present.
2. Because how good would I be at revealing the secret ingredient? (Please watch this video to see what I mean).  "PIZZA DOUGH!!!!!!"

C'mon, couldn't you picture me with the arm gestures and the bug eyes?
3. Because after sitting around for an hour, I'd get to eat ten delicious courses.  (Hello, dream job!)
4. Because I would not have to judge the dishes.  We all know that I love food too much to be picky about what I'm eating.  Everyone would get a perfect score from me because everything was "delicious."
5. Because I would get to deliver happy news to one of the chefs.  Sure, I'd have to deal with the losing chef, but I think the good outweighs the bad.

Announcing the winner
So there you go.  I'd love to trade places with the Chairman for the day.  Shoot, if Food Network would offer me the job permanently, I'd be all over it!  As for my mom and dad, no letter today, but if I could trade places with the Chairman, I'd bring you home the leftovers.  Deal?

No comments: