Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 9 -- Something I'm Proud Of

I'm obsessed with food.  I watch countless hours of Food Network, am I'm constantly snacking, especially when I'm home all day.  I love planning meals, grocery shopping, and cooking.  That said, I'm not a stellar cook.  It seems like the more labor or time-intensive a meal is, the less success I have with it.  Whip up some quesadillas or tacos, delicious.  My fifteen-minute baked potato soup is a winner.  Spend hours cooking chicken chili... Jason eats one bowl and I'm left to begrudgingly eat the leftovers.

This lack of success with new, elaborate meals is that, much to Jason's chagrin, I change often recipes before ever trying them in order to suit my needs.  It usually has to do with an ingredient being too expensive or unhealthy, or that I already have an ingredient that "will be fine" to use instead.  Other times, it's because I don't plan ahead.  I learned the hard way that recipes that call for room temperature butter NEED butter that is room temperature.

That said, I got in my mind that I was going to make a homemade lasagna.  Yes, prior to the other day, I was a Stouffer's-buying wife.  Well that all changed on Wednesday.  Ladies and gentlemen, behold my lasagna, something I am very proud of making.


It may not be perfect.  I may tweak some of the ingredients and steps next time.  The important things are that a) it's quite tasty and b) there WILL be a next time.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I have an easy lasagna recipe I'd be happy to share if you'd like - it takes a while but it's easy and very yummy. And btw I read every few days whether or not the entries are short...and I decided to do my own 30 day blog challenge

Unknown said...

I would definitely be interested in your recipe (feel free to email it to me). I'd also like a link to your blog if you are willing to share it.