Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 28 -- 2010 Megan, Meet 2011 Megan

July 2010

I took this picture on July 4 last year in Asheville.  Jason and I had gone to Nebo for the weekend to celebrate his brother's high school graduation, his dad's birthday, and his sister's moving to Hawaii.  We decided to make a trip of it and do a couple of days in Asheville while we were out west.

2010 Megan
~I spent my whole summer in summer school.  I took FOUR classes first summer session and two classes second summer session.  That's why Jason and I only took a mini vacation, because I had the 4th of July off, but I had to get back on the 5th for class.
~Jason and I did a lot of outdoor photography that summer.  We went to the arboretum, Raleigh rose garden, Duke Gardens, Eno River State Park, Nebo, and Jamesville.  While in Asheville, we took pictures of downtown and the NC Arboretum (which was WAY better than Raleigh's).
~Both my sister, Kara, and Jason's sister, Sara, were pregnant, so I was preparing for aunthood.
~I continued to work at Sylvan Learning Center, though the bad economy really affected our enrollment.


June 2011

I took this picture (yes, I'm THAT good with the self portraits) outside of the art museum earlier this month.  The art museum is on our rotation of outdoor places we regularly photograph.

2011 Megan
~No summer school here!  I graduated back in May, so this summer is all about applying for teaching jobs.  We're still just doing a mini-vacation this summer (this time in Charlotte), but that's because we did a full-fledged vacay in Hawaii back in January.
~Jason and I still spend most of our weekends doing outdoor photography.  So far this summer, we've photographed at the art museum, the arboretum, Umstead, Eno, NC Botanical Gardens, and Duke Gardens.  We've also started going to flea markets looking for old-timey cameras to add to our decor.
~I am now the proud aunt of Addison (Kara's daughter) and Sawyer (Sara's son).  I don't get to see them as often as I like, but I love hearing updates and seeing pictures!
~I left Sylvan back in April.  Now my only form of income is from painting letters, but I'm ok with that.  The "real" job is coming, I just have to be patient!

So that's 2010 Megan vs. 2011 Megan.  Nothing significantly different with me.  What might 2012 Megan look like?  Well, she'll probably still be doing outdoor photography, but she may have a new house to take pictures of.  She'll still be an aunt (that doesn't go away!), but to two toddlers not two babies.  She'll also (hopefully!) be enjoying a summer off from her full-time teaching job.  I guess we'll have to wait and see!

No comments: