Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 23 -- I Scream, You Scream...

Yesterday's blog was about what made me unique, different than everyone else.  Something that does NOT make me unique is that I love ice cream!  When I read today's prompt (something I crave), ice cream was the first and only thing that popped into my head.

WARNING: If you are like me and crave ice cream, this post may make you crave some.  Continue reading at your own discretion.

Flavors:
My favorite flavor of ice cream is mint chocolate chip.  One stipulation: it has to be that artificial green color.  Call me crazy, but white MCC ice cream tastes less minty.  I do like mint Oreo, but I always worry about tiny, black Oreo bits being stuck in my teeth.  My second favorite flavor is probably coffee ice cream with Heath bar chunks in it.  *drool*


If I had my way, I'd eat ice cream daily.  The bad thing is that Jason feels the same way, so we often go long spurts of time HAVING ice cream each night!  His favorite (by far) is Harris Teeter brand Bear Claw ice cream, made by Denali.  We don't even buy groceries at Harris Teeter, just "bear kind" as he likes to call it.  It's dark chocolate ice cream with caramel swirls and chocolate-covered cashews.  Yum!  Plus, at $2.50 a carton, it's a steal!

Ice Cream Shops:
I was first introduced to Cook Out milkshakes when I was in college.  It was 10pm (a perfectly acceptable time for ice cream back in college), and I ordered a pineapple shake because I was intimidated by the selection.  Since then, I've tried countless shakes, especially once I learned that you can order flavor combinations (like peanut butter fudge and Heath bar) for the same price as one flavor.

Probably two of my favorite flavors there are the blueberry cheesecake or the banana pudding.  They have tons of good flavors, but Cook Out is the only place you can get ones like these.


Recently, I've been passing on the milkshakes and going for the more economical (and just as tasty!) Cheerwine floats at Cook Out.  At just over a dollar, they're hard to resist.


Keep up the good work, Cheerwine!

Sadly, there's no Cook Out close to me, so Jason and I tend to go to Goodberry's Frozen Custard.  It's good and all, but really I just go there because Jason likes it.  I think it's too mild in flavor and overpriced.  If you are appalled by that statement, I make no apologies.  You may just want to stop reading my blog!

Lastly, a word to places like Maggie Moo's and Coldstone Creamery -- you panic me.  No self-respecting place should have that many toppings.  How am I supposed to decide?!?  Sure, I would like fifteen toppings, but the frugal girl in me sticks with only one or two.  No matter what I order, I leave the store in regret.  Why didn't I get fudge on top?  Did I really need three kinds of nuts?  I just can't win there...

Preferences aside, let's face it, I've never turned down a scoop of ice cream.  So let's all raise our spoons and sing together, "I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!"

4 comments:

Amanda English said...

We should go on an ice cream date! Man do I love ice cream!!!

Stuart said...

CHEERWINE FLOAT FTW!!

Jill said...

M - just tried the Cheerwine float on Wed and I'm hooked. That was a lil bit o heaven coming through that straw. Added bonus that some frozen treat at Cook Out will flow easily up a straw without me bursting a blood vessel - seriously, I once strained so hard to dislodge a blueberry in my straw hat my eye twitched for hours afterward...

Unknown said...

Amanda -- name the time and place, and I'll be there!

Stuart and Jill -- seriously, I don't know what makes a Cheerwine float so good, but man it is!!!

Jill, I agree about the straw thing. With milkshakes, I'm a use-the-straw-as-a-spoon kind of girl.