Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 10 -- Music for Every Mood

Disclaimer: I have bad taste in music.  There, I said it.  There are songs on my iPod that would make anyone groan, but I enjoy them (ps, stick around for Day 15... should be a hoot).  Jason is a bit of a music nut, so his taste in music has influenced mine, but the so-bad-they're-good songs still remain.  Ok, on with the post.

Songs I listen to when I'm feeling:
~ Happy/hyped: They have to get me up and dancing, so anything by Black Eyed Peas, the Ting Tings, En Vogue, or Kings of Leon will do.  Genre-wise, 90s R&B/rap or hard-hitting rock will also do the trick.
~Sad: I'm not really sad often, and when I am, I don't tend to listen to music, so I'll pass on this one
~Mad: Again, I don't really put on music when I'm mad.  Back in college though, my roommate Shannon knew to tread gently when she heard me playing Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill.  That was definitely my "angry music" back in college.
~Bored/Mellow: This is where Jason's music has really influenced me.  When I want calming background music, I listen to the Decemberists, the Avett Brothers, or Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova (from the movie "Once")
~Romantic: Alexi Murdoch, Norah Jones, or I go old school.  We're talking "Let's Stay Together," "Oh, Darling," "Somebody to Love," and "As I Lay Me Down."

Lots of links: If you're interested, here are links to several songs I like from some of the lesser-known artists mentioned above: the Ting Tingsthe Decemberists, the Avett BrothersGlen & MarketaAlexi Murdoch (Warning: these are youtube videos, so please pardon any inappropriate comments left by people)

No comments: